Select to view content in your preferred language

composite relationship

Jump to solution
01-17-2023 04:04 PM
Labels (1)
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

I want to have a relationship between two point feature classes. I would like the destination feature to be deleted if the parent is deleted. But I don't want the geometry of the destination to move if the parent is moved. I tried a with a composite relationship with notification forward (origin to destination). This works for the delete but it also updates the geometry.

forestknutsen1_0-1673999622556.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Set messaging to None.

The deletion happens because it is a composite relationship, regardless of messaging. The messaging takes care of updating geometry (automatic in a composite relationship) and attributes (has to be programmed).

To read deeper into relationship class properties: Relationship class properties—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Set messaging to None.

The deletion happens because it is a composite relationship, regardless of messaging. The messaging takes care of updating geometry (automatic in a composite relationship) and attributes (has to be programmed).

To read deeper into relationship class properties: Relationship class properties—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos