Cannot install ArcGIS 6.0

04-24-2018 07:24 AM
DavidZimmerman
New Contributor II

Why can't I install ArcGIS 6.0 on my computer? It will not install due to a graphics issue yet my graphics card are on the approved hardware list for the software.

Too many unresolved issues.

Also, I do not know why I am getting the attached messages.

David Z.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS 6.0?  Was there ever a 6.0?  Or are you thinking ArcInfo Workstation 6.0?  It seems like ArcGIS Desktop when from ArcView 3.3.x to ArcGIS 7.0.      Although my mind might be a bit fuzzy on that.

Anyway, if you have a 6.0 version, I would make sure it is a legit install directory.  (and I'm not opening you attached files, sorry).

0 Kudos
DavidZimmerman
New Contributor II

I really am surprised by your response. Excuse me ArcGIS 10.6, a typo. My company is Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network. My customer number is 3*3*2**. Google me: David F Zimmerman Allentown, PA. 

Do not bother to respond. I am finished at this level.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David Zimmerman  My apologies,  I was not trying to be insulting. I just wanted to find out the version.  I wasn't sure if it was a typo on the version or the software, since there was an ArcPad 6.0.  Sometimes getting clarity on the version is the first response you will get.  Having just gone thru a bunch of mandatory security type training here at work, I'm paranoid about clicking on anything if the message is a bit off.    Thus is the state of things these days.  (and wanted to make sure you didn't get a bogus install disk...for you protection)

However, as mimiller  mentioned, it appears that the images are from ArcGIS Online and the licensing thru that will be for ArcGIS Pro 2.x.    Desktop typically will have a number (for example ECPXXXXXX) but will depend on how the license was purchased.  If you are the license manager for your org and you are getting that license, customer service would be your best bet.  If you are not, talk to the person that manages your licenses.  If this is a personal ($99/year), or a free developer license, there may be a different way to access.

Please do not give up on Geonet and the forums.  This is a way to get quick answers, and I really didn't mean anything negative by the question, just being cautious for both of us.  

0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Occasional Contributor III

I would suggest you contact ESRI support regarding the install. Your images appear to be from AGOL, not the desktop version of ArcGIS 10.6.

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like you only have one license available for your Online organization. I would reach out to Customer Service, not Technical Support.