My co-worker has older .mxds where the address locator will find intersections or addresses. We use the default ArcGIS World Geocoding Service and internal generated geocoding services. He created a new .mxd and the address locator will not find any address. We reset the geocoding toolbar to the default in case he made changes. We also opened a blank .mxd with no layers to test as well and wasn't successful. Others in our group have working address locators, so it is just him right now.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Solved! Go to Solution.
He created a new .mxd and the address locator will not find any address but mention that you consume the default ArcGIS World Geocoding Service and internal generated geocoding services.
What isn't working? The ESRI locator our your own? Or all? Does he have the proper credentials to access all the services?
When he types in either an address or an intersection he doesn't see a response. Typically you will see a message that says the location was found or not. We tested both locators and are not getting a message. He does have proper credentials to access the services.
I hope that you can retire soon.
I hope that you can retire soon. I'll take that as a compliment and not that you're not trying to get rid of me... 🙄
It does seem odd. At the risk of mentioning the obvious, he has added all the services to his new mxd?
But his old mxd with the same services works?
Yes, that is a compliment and an accomplishment. You are correct that he has added the services to his new mxd. And yes the old mxd with the same services work. I'm not sure what would cause this.
Today I tried opening the mxd that my co-worker is having issues with using the address locator. The address locator works on my computer. I created a mxd and he is now going to open it and test the address locator.
It works on your computer and I assume with your login and ArcGIS Profile.... Seems like something is goofy with his login and/or profile. Maybe a call to tech support is warranted; they might be able to better isolate the issue...
My co-worker tried the address locator in the newly created .mxd copy and it is working for him. I think the issue was a corrupt .mxd. Thank you Joe for your responses.
Glad you got it figured out!
Hi @JoeBorgione . I am also facing similar issue. When I create address locator (for Single field ) its working for few feature layers and for some feature layers in EGDB its not working. I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1. Its working fine when published as geocode services. And every time I create new address locator inside new folder and its new mxd file.