Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

10-10-2014 05:59 AM
ErnestoCarreras3
Occasional Contributor

@esri @EsriSuptInfoHi, I like to confirm the following. I understand that it is required an ArcGIS Online subscription to use the Web App Builder. I also know that you can either hosted in Esri’s cloud or in your own cloud/server/premises. If I choose the second option, do I require a subscription to log-in, view/use the application? Can I just use the subscription to create the application, then download the related application files and hosted in my server without requiring a subscription?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

If you set up a proxy then yes someone would need to log in but ordinarily no you would not need to log in. Yes you can do that. Its not that easy but it is close depending on what you are trying to make. Most of the time when you download you have to input your own arcgis online web map id number. other times you have to add each layer in the script manually from your arcgis rest services. Don't forget to share with everyone if you plan on using a template that requires your map ID.

0 Kudos
ErnestoCarreras3
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible redirect all rest services pointing back to those published using our server? That is, to avoid using the web map (map id) generated when using AGOL.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

It depends on if you are using a template or not, and what template. The parks and recreation finder uses your rest services layers and not AGOL id number. Other templates like story map use AGOL number.

You can download the code deploy it on your server. That way anyone can use the app.

When I made my first app I did not use AGOL.

0 Kudos