Web AppBuilder Dev still asking for AppID in Portal with IWA

Jump to solution
05-15-2019 12:14 PM
ER_Michigan
New Contributor III

According to the directions for setting up Web AppBuilder Developer, you don't need an appID with an IWA Portal:

But when I try to set up WAB Dev on our portal, it still asks for one:

The instructions for setting up WAB Dev make it sound like it should skip this step and go directly to the login page. We still have some users using their built in Portal logins as we haven't moved everyone over yet, but I'm not sure that should make a difference. Someone I talked to at the DevSummit said there's supposed to be a property in the signininfo.json that recognizes it's web tier, but I don't have that file unless I create an appID, which I'm not supposed to need and round and round it goes. Any help is much appreciated.

We have Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1 and I'm trying to install the latest WAB 2.12.

Thanks for your time,

Emily

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Emily,

Portal has WAB built in and does not require and AppId. But WAB Dev is a standalone app that does require an AppId to authorize WAB Dev to access your Portal. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Emily,

Portal has WAB built in and does not require and AppId. But WAB Dev is a standalone app that does require an AppId to authorize WAB Dev to access your Portal. 

0 Kudos
ER_Michigan
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response Robert. I feel like they should word that more clearly but anyway. I've created an app ID but now I'm having an issue with a "no token found" loop, so it looks like I still need to call Support. Sigh. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Dixie_MDavis
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Emily.

I am running into the same issue with a "No token found" loop when trying to register a standalone copy of the DEV WAB (2.13) with our Enterprise Portal (10.6.1).  Before I submit my own Support call to ESRI, I was curious if you got this resolved?

Thanks in advance, Dixie.

0 Kudos
ER_Michigan
New Contributor III

So I guess we didn't resolve it completely. The issue turned out to be Chrome based. I created an AppID and followed the steps and it just wasn't working. I remembered an issue we had with Chrome before where it wouldn't let us create new layers in AGO, but it worked in Firefox. So I tried the appBuilder URL in Firefox and it's been working fine.

We've had a lot of reliability issues on and off with Portal, AGO and WAB dev in Chrome. It seems like we change a setting somewhere, it works for a while, and then something on Chrome's side changes and it doesn't work anymore. We got sick of this constant back and forth so I develop Esri stuff in Firefox now. Not a great solution, but give it a try.

0 Kudos
Dixie_MDavis
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response, Emily.

Unfortunately we did not get any further with Firefox.  It still keeps us in the loop.  I appreciate your time.

Best, Dixie.

0 Kudos