Select to view content in your preferred language

Web App Builder panes and layout editor not displaying properly

Jump to solution
08-09-2023 09:40 AM
Labels (1)
Galen_S_MnDOT
Occasional Contributor

I returned to check on an ArcGIS Online web app I've been updating sporadically over the last few months to discover that suddenly, with no apparent changes to the app or its underlying web map, a black void has replaced every pane in the web app except for the text-only 'About' pane on the far left.

The issue seems to be that all of the panes/widget views have been shunted down to the very bottom of the app interface - both the editing and "live" view interfaces.  

I have been able to return the app to functionality using the app builder's 'edit layout' interface, but one of the default/required widget cells is still forced to the bottom of the screen, causing an unusable empty space to populate above it. 

I can minimize this by expanding the usable cells as far to the right of the screen as possible, but the faulty widget cell is still present in the very bottom right of the app screen.

Does anyone have any ideas what causes this formatting error, and how to make sure it doesn't reappear on its own, without redoing the app from scratch?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
-j-b-
by
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I've experienced something similar recently and think this may be a bug. For some reason resizing the page to any number other than 100% (ex. 90%, 110%) will make the app reappear. Not an ideal solution but hope this works for you. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
-j-b-
by
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I've experienced something similar recently and think this may be a bug. For some reason resizing the page to any number other than 100% (ex. 90%, 110%) will make the app reappear. Not an ideal solution but hope this works for you. 

Galen_S_MnDOT
Occasional Contributor

I wouldn't have thought to try that!  Fortunately (unfortunately?) when I returned to the app to see if it works for me, something had already re-set the browser window and I could access the widget/dashboard panes that had been squished to the bottom of the page again.

I'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind if the problem appears again though!  Thank you!

-j-b-
by
New Contributor III

Glad you can access your app again!

0 Kudos
Galen_S_MnDOT
Occasional Contributor

Happily, one of my coworkers who had just reported the same original issue with this app was able to try your page zoom fix, and it worked for them right away!

0 Kudos
-j-b-
by
New Contributor III

I'm glad it worked for them!

0 Kudos