WAB Token Expiration

03-21-2019 01:05 PM
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All-

I have a new Portal configure d and I am trying to get my first WAB app working properly. It seems that when I open the app it requests a token but only gets a 30 minute token. Once that expires the secured layer in my map stop functioning and no request for an updated token is ever requested. I then have to refresh the map every 30 minutes to keep things functioning. System cofig below. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 with Portal federated. 

Secured with Windows Auth Web authenrtication

Shortterm token set to 7,200 minutes (5 days)

Long term tokens set for 7 days

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

I am seeing the exact same behavior. Did not see it in 10.6.1, saw it starting in 10.7.1. Ended up adding a meta refresh tag into the html at 25 minutes to get around it. Same case for us where the bug was marked as closed and not in product plan. We were assigned a different bug which I had to get added to our account. Seems easy to test and reproduce, why cant this be fixed in a patch?

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Kudos
BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

As it looks like ESRI is getting the WAB token timeouts and the OpsDashboard token timeout mixed up, i have reopened my closed case with #BUG-000127276 on it.  I will let you know what bug number i end up getting out of this.  If one ESRI person would have reached out to either of us and asked if the issue was resolved prior to closing the bug/case this could have been fixed much sooner.

I have started a new thread under the Ops Dashboard group and referenced this thread in it. Hopefully we'll get some more visibility starting fresh.https://community.esri.com/message/897671-ops-dashboard-token-expiration