WAB Popup Issue

12-03-2014 08:33 AM
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

one more behavior I am curious about.

if it leave a layer unchecked and publish it as a service and then add the services to a agol webmap and use that webmap in the webappbuilder I can turn the layer on so it is visible but I cannot use the mouse and click on a feature and get a popup. all the layers that are published with the visibility on will show popups.

I have enabled popups in the webmap and configured them.

any ideas why?

15 Replies
TarigAhmed1
New Contributor III

We are on 10.2 & Enterprise GD and experiencing the same problem.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

It looks like this issue is now resolved for the AGOL version with the latest release in March 2015. Still waiting for the fix in the developers version.

GeorgeKatsambas

Actually only with shapefiles, I had a service created from a fgb that didn't allow popups on the Web Application Map, creating a second service using shapefiles exported from the fgb allows popup both on AGOL and WAB.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

George Katsambas​,

2 questions to you for follow up:

#1. Are you talking about a hosted feature service generated from a shape file/fgdb or map service created by ArcGIS Server based on a shapefile/fgdb?

#2. Did you make sure you enabled popups in the AGOL web map before it went to WAB?

-Stan

GeorgeKatsambas

In my mxd I used a fgb that I published to ArcGIS server, that service in AGOL allowed popups, but when the map in AGOL is shared as a WAB popups returned a message no information available. After working with ESRI support we determined taking the files from a fgb and exporting them as shapefiles and publishing the shapefiles to ArcGIS server the popups worked. This was reported as a bug for ArcMap v 10.1

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

George,

Good to know about the bug. I tested a 10.2.1 map service from a fgdb in the AGOL WAB and it had no problems.

-Stan