WAB Building Jewelry Box Theme

09-01-2016 11:01 AM
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

I really like the Jewelry Box Theme with the menu control on the left side. However I would like to add other widgets like the layer control and search. Its only allowing me to add one widget. I understand I can utilize the Group Filter for some of the functionally I'm looking for. For example I rather use the layer control to toggle on and off layers than using expressions..

So the first filter would be a date range. The second filter would control the attribute values by using the layer widget for multiple values. Is it possible using out of box controls?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chet,

You may want to re-read your post and see if you can clarify or add more details. I don't understand what you are asking.

0 Kudos
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

Using the Jewelry Theme within WAB how many widgets can you add to the side bar menu.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chet,

In the jewelry box "drawer" you can only have one widget

0 Kudos
ChetShuler
New Contributor III

Side Menu

The app I'm working on is for our Police Department. I saw the above website where it appears they are using the jewelry box theme or something like it. They would first menu or widget within the drawer to filter crimes by date range. This would show all the crimes locations within that time period. Then the second menu, widget or option for the user would be layer control pull down within the drawer to toggle the individual crimes on and off

It funny a got a crime map working doing all things I need it to do using a different theme. However it was determined to be too difficult. So I'm trying to re-create the functionally of the app they want. I'm guessing the app they looked at is customized and they like the step by step procedure in the drawer to review Calls for Service.

I know I built the functionally but they want all the widgets laid out in a step by step order within the drawer or side menu as shown..

Sorry for the confusion.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chet,

That site is not a WAB site. It is just a custom JS API app. You could develop a custom widget that would mimic this step by step workflow but there is no otb widget or theme you will be able to just add and configure for that.