WAB Basemap Gallery cannot select Vector Basemap that includes hillshade image service

11-13-2023 08:59 AM
Labels (1)
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

We use AGOL and WAB to publish many map viewers.  We do not use the Developers edition of WAB.  I recently noticed a new problem with the Basemap Gallery widget and I am wondering if it could be related to the AGOL October update.  We have 4 raster tile basemaps and 4 vector tile basemaps in our basemap gallery widget.  Three of vector tile basemaps are combined with an image service to show a hillshade.  In the image below I have labelled the raster (R) and the vector (V) basemaps:

basemapgallery.png

Recently it has become impossible to switch the basemap to one of our vector tile basemaps that include the hillshade image service.  I can select any of the Raster basemaps or the Vector basemap that does not include the hillshade image service and it will work as expected.  When I attempt to select a vector tile basemap with the the image service, no errors are displayed, and the map continues to display the previously selected basemap.  Chrome Dev Tools shows requests to the hillshade image service and requests to the previously selected basemap but there are no requests to the Vector tile service.

Did I explain this clearly?  Please try it yourself with this public WAB app - https://arcg.is/b5D8a.

This is a problem with all of our WAB map viewers.

Has anybody seen a similar problem?

Thanks,

Bernie.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

We solved our own problem:

After reopening the 3 vector tile web maps in map viewer classic and resaving them, the issue appears to have been resolved.

Bernie.

0 Kudos