WAB 2.3 NearMe Widget issues

02-06-2017 10:58 AM
TimConfare
New Contributor III

I installed the newest version of WAB and the NearMe widget's behavior is very different than version 2.2:

#1  I have approximately 15 operational layers.  Out of those 15, I have 4 on by default.  In the 2.2 version when I select a parcel, it drills down and returns results of all layers.  In the 2.3 version it does the same but it turns on all the layers that were off.  I have 5 different district layers that I want the results of the drill-down but I certainly don't want them all to draw.  The map becomes way too cluttered and the user shouldn't have to turn them all off every time they make a selection.

#2 The 2.2 version did not zoom in when making a selection.  The 2.3 version zooms in, and in some cases, will zoom out to the selection.  When I use query layers, it zooms way in and doesn't zoom back out at all.

#3  I do not want to buffer and would really like the option of just placing a point or selecting a feature and the NearMe widget returning attributes of the layers that contain or intersect.  

#4  This is more of an enhancement request, but if only one feature is returned it would be nice to display the desired field instead of clicking on the right arrow to see the result.  Seems like an unnecessary step.

My 2.2 version worked beautifully (other than having to use a buffer) but it seems this new version has a taken a couple steps backwards.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
deleted-user-3lQ_b9pCWe7L
New Contributor II

Hey Tim, just wondering if you ever found any solutions to problem number 4? 

0 Kudos
TimConfare
New Contributor III

Hi William,

I never did.  I called ESRI support and they said this would have to be a customization and they weren't sure if this would be addressed in the future.  I gave up on the NearMe widget.  Never worked quite right for me.

deleted-user-3lQ_b9pCWe7L
New Contributor II

I did as well. Not sure if you've discovered it yet but the area info widget will return a summary of all the points of interest (configurable) in the extent of your map window. Not quite the same but it suffices for my needs. 

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

Some updates on the issues and enhancements mentioned above:

#1 This is an issue we are aware of and will be addressed in a future release.

#2 Have you tried playing with the 'Zoom to the selected feature' option on the Search Settings tab of the widget configuration? You may be able to use this to get the desired behavior.

#3 This is coming in the next release of ArcGIS Online

#4 This should some in the next release of ArcGIS Online as well. If it's not done in time it will be high priority for the following release.

-Allison