Select to view content in your preferred language

WAB 2.1 Add Data Widget Quirks

Jump to solution
08-12-2016 11:24 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi -  In exploring how to best work with the Add Data widget, I've noticed 2 issues:

Labels: for a feaure service, webmap confgured labels do not seem to load when added.  For example I have a zoning layer in a planning data wab that has labels configured.  The labels do not come over as part of the service when I add to another wab.

Popups: for an image service, the configured popup does not display, only the REST folder/servicename is shown in the popup.  For example, I have a high-resolution local DEM with configured and enabled popup, but it will not display either the

{Raster.ServicePixelValue} or {Raster.ServicePixelValue.Raw} values.

I'm guessing these are issues that would have to be resolved in the next release, just wondering if anyone else has encountered them.

Thanks

David

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes Kevin thanks I am doing that already.  I am getting pixel value returns in my configured popup from the DEM dynamic image service in my webmap from my dynamic image service, e.g.

Surface Height: <b>{Raster.ServicePixelValue.Raw} FT</b>

I haven't actually explored adding my DEM service to one of my api apps but I think this would still work

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Edit: I goofed and applied the suggested changes to the wrong app, this does fix the issue!  Sorry for that.

I've implemented the recommended modifications to an app in WAB Developer 2.5 but the popup still does not show field information. 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I've now been able to make the change at 2.6 and am getting my popup info for my dem values.  You sure you've got everything set in your webmap?

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

The web map does not contain the DEM.  We are adding it to the WAB application from the AddData widget but it doesn't display the popup information. 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I meant as far as the layer popup's configuration settings, i.e. in my reply to Kevin earlier. Sounds like you have.

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

It was my mistake.  I applied the suggested changes to the wrong app (WAB Developer 2.5).

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

ok good to know