View relate table attributes in a web map popup

Jump to solution
01-20-2017 12:54 PM
HarkeeratKang1
New Contributor II

It would be great if we have a solution for viewing related tables info in ArcGIS Online web maps and WebApp Builder. This functionality exists in Collector and ArcMap.relate table# Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is all is currently available. If you want to request an enhancement then you will need to add it to the Ideas space.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

This is a feature supported by the Query widget in WAB 2.3

When running a query against a related table, all the related features listed in the Results panel can be highlighted on the map when you click the ellipsis (…) and choose Show All Related Records on the drop-down menu. Additionally, you can change the symbol at run time to highlight the query result differently on the map when running a query against a layer.

Related records are listed on the pop-up with attachments if there are any.

What's new in version 2.3—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

HarkeeratKang1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response. Show All Related Records opens up an attribute table rather than another popup. And it shows relate table info for one level only. There is no way to show the next nesting. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is all is currently available. If you want to request an enhancement then you will need to add it to the Ideas space.

0 Kudos
HarkeeratKang1
New Contributor II

Thank you

0 Kudos
HarkeeratKang1
New Contributor II

The newest version of Web AppBuilder now has the interface available for showing related tables info. Thanks.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We want to see this in the standard web map popup.  So it looks to be supported out of the box now which is great!  Just enable the fields in the Configure add {relationships/xx/fieldname} as posted in various threads here. 

The weird thing is, I have a related service Layer: CIP Projects by Category (ID: 0) . The field names display in the popup but not the records data itself. It works just perfectly, but only in the Attribute Table widget though! 

It needs to be in popups so that it works in the Short List. The Story Map 'Short List' app which is an awesome viewer template. But it takes the popup info and puts it into the sidebar div on the left. So that won't work until the info shows up in the popup. 

Long story short, pun intended, we'd like to see related records in the Short List Story Map's sidebar. Anyone else gotten that to work?   Did I run in to a ArcGIS Online bug or maybe I didn't configure the relate and SQL view right? This is the first time I've worked with views or relates in a web map.

0 Kudos