Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to turn off layers

Jump to solution
02-23-2023 07:08 AM
Labels (1)
JINANYI
Occasional Contributor

Our company is using ArcGIS Online, and we use ArcGIS Web AppBuilder to deploy our apps.

We recently found that we couldn't turn off the data layers in the app in AppBuilder, and they are all turned on by default (see example image below). I tried to turn them off and saved it. But once I refresh or launch the app, the layers are still turned on. The layers in the map are functioning properly (all turned off)

JINANYI_0-1677164747851.png

This has not caused any big problem yet, but it is annoying and slow down the app. People are forced the turn off all layers first every time they use the app

Anyone encountered this before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sarah_maisel
Esri Contributor

Hello and Happy Monday! BUG-000156065 should now be resolved and your app should be back to working order. Please let us know if you are still seeing issues related to this. 

Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The layers' visibility is based on how their visibility is set in the web map. Are all the layers turned on in the web map? If so, turn off all except the ones you want to be visible when the app first opens.

0 Kudos
JINANYI
Occasional Contributor

Yes, all layers are turned off in the web map, as mentioned in the post. But the app is not following the visibility setting in the map

0 Kudos
sarah_maisel
Esri Contributor

Hello!

Are you seeing this in multiple WAB apps or just one app? Are these public apps/maps that can be shared with me?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JINANYI
Occasional Contributor

Currently, just one app

And sorry, I can't share this with you since it is not public (unless it is official ESRI tech support and our data is protected somehow)

0 Kudos
sarah_maisel
Esri Contributor

No worries, thanks for that info. We actually were able to track this down internally and Tech Support did get a bug logged - 

BUG-000156065: Grouped layers defaulting to visibility turned ON in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder

We can anticipate that this will be fixed in the coming days as part of a patch. Thanks again for reporting this!
sarah_maisel
Esri Contributor

Hello and Happy Monday! BUG-000156065 should now be resolved and your app should be back to working order. Please let us know if you are still seeing issues related to this. 

Thank you!

JINANYI
Occasional Contributor

It looks like it is solved. Thank you!

0 Kudos