The "Result Item Sorting" box is ghosted when adding item, is it a 10.4 thing?

Jump to solution
03-25-2016 07:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

wondering why "Result Item Sorting" is ghosted when I am working in esri's Web App Builder configuring a site.  I'm using the Query widget and add item, place in my service URL on internal web server and I cannot get the pencil to highlight to sort service (REST) fields. (Feature Service)  Is this a 10.4 newbie or I'm on 10.3.1, is there a setting I can change on server-side for in feature (REST) creation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

Yep it looks like you are out of luck if you are using SQL Server 2008 still. Don't forget to close this question by marking it as answered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

I have moved your question from the "Community Help" space and placed it here in the "Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS" space.

To address your question, does your service have the "Advanced Query Capability: Order By" and pagination?

See this thread concerning this:

ArcGIS WebApp Builder Query Results

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Robert, thanks for the note.

Looks like is a Microsoft SQL Server 12 versus a SQL Server 2008 capability.

https://community.esri.com/thread/121756

I don’ see a “Advanced Query Capability” in my service that sit on SQL Server 2008.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

Yep it looks like you are out of luck if you are using SQL Server 2008 still. Don't forget to close this question by marking it as answered.

0 Kudos