Smart Editor widget how to check a value entered

11-24-2020 09:53 AM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Good afternoon,

Is there a way with Web AppBuilder Smart Editor widget to check ig the value enterend in the field Project Number, already exists in a table called   ProjectsActive.

In general how can I check if a value entered is correct?  I see that if the field has domains they show as a list box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jose,

Based on your question it seems you may be able to use the option to only allow for unique values in your field? Please would you be able to provide some screenshots and more details on what you are trying to do?

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Alix,

I am looking for a way to check if the project number entered in a field "ProjectNumber" when digitizing a feature, already exists.  Projects are created in another platform (eBuilder) so we would like to know if there is a way to use a lookup table to verify if the value entered exists.

This lookup table could be imported to GIS or Portal.

Ideally we will can a web API service to check if the project number already exists in eBuilder.

Any suggestions.

Regards

Jose

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jose,

Are you trying to make sure a job number will not be duplicated for a new job (in other words, only allow for unique values), or are you trying to find a way to use existing job number values to link other features to a project using the job number as a key (re-use the existing job number value for other features)?

0 Kudos