Smart Editor populate field with default value

05-11-2021 08:23 AM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I am using Smaprt Editors with WAB in Portal. 

I am looking for a way to populate a field with the value "No", before the editors starts editing.

Also I would like to disable edits in this same field and predefide its value to "No".

How can I do that?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

The smart edit widget should provide all of this 
Smart Editor widget—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation

has info on setting default values, and I believe the smart edit widget has checkboxes for editable fields.

If you want to set up a more complex data structure with preset field values/dropdowns etc. you should probably look at Subtypes and Domains Introduction to attribute domains—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Found it. Thank you.

Under General setting, there is a button called "Defined Preset"

AlixVezina
Esri Contributor

Hi @JoseSanchez,

Thank you for your question.

I am looking for a way to populate a field with the value "No", before the editors starts editing.

In the Attribute Actions section of the Smart Editor widget configuration, you will be able to set Presets to achieve this: Preset Attribute Actions

Also I would like to disable edits in this same field and predefine its value to "No".

In the Smart Actions section of the Smart Editor widget configuration, you will be able to set a new expression to achieve this: Smart Actions

There are some example for this functionality in this video: Get Smart About Editing - Configure a Data Collection Form 

Learn to configure and use the Smart Editor widget to collect information more efficiently with related table records using smart actions and presets.For mor...