Smart Editor: flexible or bigger screen space for feature templates

09-29-2021 06:42 AM
HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Good afternoon ESRI Friends,

Is it possible to extend the screen space available to the list of feature type templates? My design uses the "Jewelry Box Theme", so that the full left panel is available for the widget, but only a small part of it is actually used by the widget.

With only 4 editable layers (2 points + 2 polygons), only 3 actually show up directly on screen: The last one is hidden, and users must use the vertical slider to view it and select it:

in spite of available screen space below the widget, the list of feature type templates is not fully shown.in spite of available screen space below the widget, the list of feature type templates is not fully shown.

I could not find any parameters in ArcGIS Assistant to extend the screen space programmatically ;  and my users would like to see all available feature templates immediately.

My work environment is ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1

Who else has faced the same issue? how did you solve it (or go around it)?

Many thanks!

With kind regards,

Hélène.

1 Reply
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@HélèneTouyéras We are aware of this limitation in the Smart Editor and there is no easy workaround to customize the template picker component. I believe the design in the new Editor is greatly improved and hopefully, you will be able to use this widget in the near future to support most of your workflows.

Example:

AlixVezina_0-1679410001359.png

0 Kudos