Smart Edit widget error with added data layers

06-03-2020 07:03 AM
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

arcgis online web app‌ smart edit‌  #webappbuilder

I have been trying to implement the smart editor widget on a web app and am struggling with copying geometry from other layers.  I have been able to successfully copy geometry from hosted feature classes but cant get the geometry from layers added from a file to copy.  Is there an issue with copying geometry from imported file types like shapefiles and kml files or am I missing something##?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew Kramer,

Thank you for sharing this issue. We are aware of the current limitation with copying features from a file.

We are currently working on fixing this.

Please could you let me know how your file is being added to your application? Did you use the Add Data widget or another method?

Thank you,

Alix

mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alix,

Thank you for getting back to me!  I am using the add data widget and am seeing the issue when adding data from a file (zipped shapefiles and .kml files)   

A little more information about my app if that helps:

The workflow I am using is as follows.  I use the add data widget to get geometry in the map and then the smart editor widget to copy the geometry into my editable feature layer.  This process has no problem when the data added is an existing hosted feature layer, but when the data added is from an uploaded source like a zipped shapefile, the geometry gets imported but is unable to be copied into my editable layer.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Matthew Kramer, we have a fix for the shapefiles issue for the upcoming end of June release.

Regards,

Alix

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

This should now be working properly for Shapefiles, please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

0 Kudos