Select to view content in your preferred language

Situational Awarness Distances Inncorrect

05-07-2021 02:52 AM
WilliamMcCann
New Contributor

HI all,

When using the situational awareness widget in my webmap the distances it generates are incorrect. I have it to buffer to 15km but when I measure the buffer it comes out at 9.3km. All the feature distances it outputs are also incorrect.  The screening tool which does something similar buffers correctly but i have to manually measure the feature distances using this tool.

Any ideas why the situational awareness widget Is not creating accurate buffers and distacnes

Regards

Will

3 Replies
jfischer91
New Contributor III

I'm having this issue as well.  The only reason I noticed it is that I was comparing the Situational Awareness widget with the Query widget and noticed the buffers were different sizes.  This is a serious problem!  I wish someone from esri would take a look!

0 Kudos
jfischer91
New Contributor III

I enabled the "Draw Geodesic Shapes" setting, and that seems to have fixed it.

WilliamMcCann
New Contributor

Thats great finally answer thanks so much jfischer91 . I noticed though that it only works correctly for point data. When i used it with polygon data it measures the distance from the centre of each polygon rather than the boundary of each so still some work to do here on this widget.

0 Kudos