Share As Web Tool Error: "Cannot share web tool to ArcGIS Online. Close the Pane, switch your active portal and try again."

Jump to solution
02-05-2020 11:53 AM
BingJing
New Contributor III

I followed this link Share a print service web tool with custom layouts from ArcGIS Pro—Documentation (10.7) | ArcGIS Ent...  to publish a print service. At Step #11, I was stuck by the below error (see screen copy). Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thank you very much.

11 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Based on your question above, it is currently available to publish a geoprocessing tool via ArcMap, but only to a standalone ArcGIS Server site or a full ArcGIS Enterprise deployment with a Server or Enterprise account, respectively. In other words, it is currently not possible to publish with a Developer account, which is a type of account in ArcGIS Online.

With that being said, what geoprocessing tool are you planning to publish? Is it a custom sequence of tools using ModelBuilder? This is because ArcGIS Online actually have a plethora of ready-to-use geoprocessing/analysis tools available.

See more details: Perform analysis—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Best,

Kanin

If this answer is helpful, please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question, please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
mapslacker
New Contributor

So if I understand this correctly, Esri is forcing small shops who are working in AGOL to also buy an instance of ArcGIS Server or stand up Enterprise Portal in order to publish GP tools to then use in AGOL web apps?  Am I the only one who sees the double dipping here?  Does Esri at least provide some pre-canned GP tools that AGOL users can apply to their web apps like a field calculator