Select Widget Popup Error ( WAB 2.3)

02-14-2017 11:01 AM
SowjanyaSunkara3
New Contributor III

When clicking on the Selected features in the list ( from Select Widget), a popup opens to the feature but no attributes of the feature are shown on the pop up and I see an error in the Console. Anyone else seeing this issue?Popup with no feature attributes

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
WebGISGdibx
New Contributor III

Is there allready a Bug logged in the ArcGIS Technical Support? I am having the same problem using the WAB implemented in ArcGIS Online and am considering to ask our support partner. But that doesn't make sense when it's a "known bug".

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi WebGIS Gdibx,

I was unable to reproduce the error reported by Sowjanya back in early 2017.

Tom's post in Oct 2017 was related to custom functionality, which can't really be called a "bug" because of his customization(s).

Could you please provide some context/info describing your issue, including detailed steps to reproduce.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
WebGISGdibx
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

we have an application for our city map (Stadtplan Leipzig) and there are Pop-ups configured in the web map for every layer. For example the resident services offices ("Bürgerämter").

I tried to implement the "select widget" in WAB in ArcGIS Online (in a copy of the App for testing) and it finds the features and shows them in the results list.

But when I click on the result, there is just an empty pop-up shown and not the configured one that comes up when I click the regular symbol in the map.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi WebGIS Gdibx,

First, wow - nice app! The cartography looks really good! Any chance I could get your permission to add this app to the Web AppBuilder live sites showcase? If so, can you please send me an email: dlaw@esri.com so we can discuss further.

Second, thanks for describing your issue. Yes, I can confirm that we've identified this as a bug:

> BUG-000107579 The Select widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS displays a blank pop-up for a selected feature of map image layers

We are currently working to address this.

Hope this helps,

WebGISGdibx
New Contributor III

Hello Derek,

thank you for your help. So I will have an eye on the bugs status.

And thanks a lot for your compliment! I will discuss if we could consider this option with my colleagues - and if so get in contact with you 🙂

0 Kudos
JaysonLindahl
Occasional Contributor

I am using WAB Developer 2.7 and I am seeing the exact same blank attribute pop-up for my selected results.

DerekLaw

Hi Jayson,

Can you please contact Esri Tech Support and open an incident so they can help investigate your issue further? As far as we know, the issue has been resolved. We need more info and detailed repro steps.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
JaysonLindahl
Occasional Contributor

It looks like it is a bug in WAB Dev.  We just logged it.

BUG-000113485 : Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.7 Select Widget doesn’t show pop up in when clicking the selected result, if the web map has Map Service layer add without layer id.

WebGISGdibx
New Contributor III

I checked the bug's status today and it's on "implemented". 

So I tried again as described in my post written in january and now it works. The pop-up is no longer empty. It now uses the pop-up configuration set in the web map.

Thanks for fixing!

JaysonLindahl
Occasional Contributor

I'm using WAB Developer 2.7 and still not getting anything in my pop-up when using the select widget.