Resolved: Error with print widget/service in Web AppBuilder

Jump to solution
02-17-2020 08:26 AM
JosephRhodes2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I built a simple Web AppBuilder application in ArcGIS Online (with all data coming from hosted feature services), but I'm getting strange behavior from Esri's default print service. When trying to use any other layout than MAP_ONLY, it either foes nothing and instantly returns only an "Error, try again" warning as shown below. When I hover over the error, a tooltip says "Cannot read property renderer of undefined". Oddly, MAP_ONLY works fine. Also odd is that I checked several other apps I've previously built, and the print service works fine on those.

I've tried rebuilding the app from scratch to no avail, and tried a different browser. Any insight or workaround is appreciated. Below is a screenshot of the app as well as the developer console in Chrome.

WAB print widget screenshot

Console screenshot

Tags (1)
14 Replies
JosephRhodes2
Occasional Contributor II

Rickey, de-clustering resolved the problem. Thanks for prodding me to check that. Unfortunately I need clustering, so it looks like I'll have to sacrifice printing capability. Thanks again.

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for reporting it. It turned out to be a bug in WAB Print Widget. The team is aware of this.

Pls note, it works fine in AGOL Map Viewer.

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

What is the bug number?

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

My apologies as I missed your comment somehow before
BUG-000113797 - https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDExMzc5Nw==

0 Kudos
MichaelaBobeck
New Contributor

Hi,

I have the same issue and getting the same error message when trying to print a layout in  the web app to pdf. I’ve tried and checked the symbology and visualisation settings, removed and added the widget, but it’s still not working. The map only option seems to work occasionally but then not displaying all active layers. I have a couple of layers which are feature services from fulcrum forms, but if that was to be the problem, turning them off doesn’t help neither. And I kind of need them to be displayed. 
I’m using ArcGIS online, not enterprise.

Any suggestions on why it’s not working and ideas on what I could try to fix the issue would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos