Related Tables in Smart Editor Widget

10-04-2016 05:14 AM
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Will the Smart Editor be updated to support related tables? Alternatively, will the Editor widget be modified to support display of attribute form in the sidebar. Thanks.

6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

> Will the Smart Editor be updated to support related tables?

This enhancement is on the long term Dev road map for the Smart Editor widget. However, we cannot provide a specific timeframe of when this will occur at this time. You may also want to post this enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas forum,

https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~cate...

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Now available in WAB Developer's Edition Beta 2.8.

DerekLaw

FYI,

Please see this blog for more details on the Smart Widget support for editing related tables,

What’s New in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (April 2018)

(see widget updates section)

Hope this helps,

JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

Derek, do the attribute actions work on related tables? I've configured in my smart editor to only allow updates and create new records to the related table of a hydrants layer. I'd like to be able to have the Asset ID auto-populate in the related table based on the asset ID in the hydrants table. Is this something that can be done in the widget or would I have to configure a script to run later and automate this calculation? Thanks!

0 Kudos
PrevinWong1
Esri Contributor

Hi John,

If you have the feature layer and the table related by Asset ID, the feature layer's asset id should carry over to the related table.  If you have the relationship on another field like layer's globalid to table GUID, then sorry, the asset ID will not come over.  Attribute Actions do work on tables, but since there is no geometry to a table, most of the actions such as Intersection, Address, and Coordinates will not work.  Only Preset would be a valid option.

DerekLaw

Belated thanks for the help in responding Previn Wong!

0 Kudos