Problem with Export to CSV from web map app.

04-18-2018 03:57 PM
ValerieJohnson
New Contributor II

I have two web map apps that let a user select features on the map, view the selected features in the attribute table, and export the selected features to a CSV file.  These apps were created in the Web App Builder and have been working fine for over a year without any problems.

Today (April 18, 2018) a user reported that they no longer are being prompted to save the CSV file.  They view the attribute table, can see all the info they want to export, click the Options dropdown, choose "Export to CSV", the window saying "Export to CSV" appears, but that's where it stops.  A prompt to save the file doesn't appear.  And it's not hiding behind any open windows.

Tried the web apps on multiple computers, in Chrome and IE.  Also had an external user try it and they had the same problem.  The app uses ArcGIS Server 10.2.2 map services.  Software hasn't been updated.  The data hasn't been changed recently (not edited, not updated, service hasn't been republished).  Data draws fine in the web map and info shows up in the attribute table.  It's just the Saving to a CSV file part that never happens.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

19 Replies
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

Okay, thanks for the clarification.  I just wanted to be sure.  Hopefully this gets fixed quickly.

Walid

0 Kudos
ShitalDhakal__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same problem in WAB 2.9 Developer Edition. As Walid said, the enhanced search provides me with the result that I can see in the attribute table. But then I can't export it to csv. However, the attribute table can export feature that didn't come from enhanced search. 

Also, I can't find the ellipses to export into csv in the enhanced search result. 

Valerie JohnsonRobert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shital,

The eSearch menu button in the upper right hand corner of the results tab has the export to CSV option (assuming you have enable the export to CSV for that layer in the eSearch settings for that layer).

ShitalDhakal__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert. I am trying to enable the export to CSV but for some reason, it's not an option in the configuration dialog box:

I tried the latest version available in GNet (v 2.7), refreshed the WAB and added the esearch as a new widget and yet got the same result. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shital,

This is what the 2.7 eSearch settings dialog is suppose to look like. Some how you are still using an old version.

0 Kudos
ShitalDhakal__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, that is what I figured out by looking your help guide. Is there anything else I am supposed to do to update the widget other than deleting the older version and replacing it with the newer version in C:\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.9\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets ? 

Also, where would I go to find the latest version of this awesome widget? 

Greatly Appreciated, 

Shital

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shital,

If you update the C:\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.9\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets then this will give you the new widget when creating a NEW app. If you want to update an existing app you have to update that specific apps widgets folder.

You get the latest widget from the widget download page: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731-enhanced-search-widget-version-211-080116 

ShitalDhakal__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert. My WAB is behaving weirdly: Provides me with an updated interface to esearch as times, and old interface at others. However, I was able to configure with the new interface by refreshing the browser. Must be a cache issue. 

I can now export the result into csv using the esearch's ellipses. However, 'Export to CSV' from Attribute table is still not working, must be a bug!

Thanks once again for the awesome app and your help in configuring it  

0 Kudos
ClaudiaGIS
New Contributor III

Hello, I am having a similar problem but the export works if it is launched from Web App Builder but I have the Web App embedded in a dashboard and it is not working. I can see the Export to CSV window, I click ok and nothing is happening. Anyone else having this issue in 2021?

0 Kudos
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

I've also had this problem since 2021. I just checked now on my app (embedded on a dashboard also) and it is still the same issue (even if not embedded it also just get stuck on progress downloading part)... hoping it was fixed already as it is an important feature being able to export the data...

0 Kudos