Near Me widget Inaccurate buffer distance

Jump to solution
11-01-2016 01:45 PM
HowardKim
New Contributor II

Hi, I created a ArcGIS app with webappbuilder through ArcGIS online. I used Near Me widget to get the distance between my location and nearby hydrant point. Basically, Near Me widget is set to find hydrants near my location by the buffer distance that I can set with a slider bar. However, it seemed about 30% short of the actual distance, so I added a Measure widget to the sidebar and compared the distance with Near Me widget'z buffer distance. 

As seen from the picture, the Near Me's buffer is set to 179 ft. from the bright square location and displays yellow ring. But when you used Measurement widget's distance measure tool, you can see the blue line distance is 172.8 ft (result panel on left), which is longer than the buffer ring of 179 feet. 

Any comments or feedback will be helpful, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Howard,

This is a known bug:

BUG-000095093 - The distance displayed in the NearMe widget search results in Web AppBuilder is not the same as the Measure tool measurement result

and we are working to address it.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Howard,

I have seen a thread stating the exact opposite:

https://community.esri.com/thread/180343 

You should call esri tech support.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Howard,

This is a known bug:

BUG-000095093 - The distance displayed in the NearMe widget search results in Web AppBuilder is not the same as the Measure tool measurement result

and we are working to address it.

Hope this helps,

HowardKim
New Contributor II

Derek, thanks for your comment. This is really good to know. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Am I missing something regarding the solution? This has been an issue for me on several organizations over the last year. As far as I can tell, BUG-00095093 was never resolved. Anyone can open the Near me, Situational Awareness, Incident Summary, and other widgets and get different distances than the measure widget or reality.

0 Kudos
WilliamMPelchat
New Contributor

A colleague of mine discovered this same issue with the Near Me widget on AGO, today 5/9/2022.

I submitted it to ESRI support. 

0 Kudos
WilliamMPelchat
New Contributor

We found the Near Me widget has a default to euclidean.

0 Kudos