Layer Grouping in WAB

Jump to solution
04-06-2022 09:20 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Searching this community, I see several people asking similar questions, but most of them are dated.   Am I missing anything on layer grouping within WAB when it comes to layer grouping?   I know layer grouping is honored when you publish from desktop/pro, but what about hosted feature layers that are already published?   I think that's my question here.  For a published hosted feature layer, is there a way to publish a map from Pro that includes that layer, and will honor layer grouping?     I know WAB has as work around with grouping layer lists, but unless I'm doing it wrong, have multiple layer lists displaying isn't going to work for what I'm working on.    Can someone point me in the right direction?    It looked like the Experience Builder might have a solution for me, but outside of teaching myself how to code, I'm not sure that's the right avenue either.

EDIT-   I should add that when I'm trying to publish a map that includes both layers that are referenced on our server AND a hosted feature layer, I'm unable to publish because the feature layer's data source isn't supported.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunatley layer grouping probably never will be possible in WAB. You can't publish a hosted feature layer, and layer grouping is not supported by the old web maps based on ArcGIS API for JavaScript v 3.x
You have to use the new web maps based on v 4.x of the API, and use those maps in Experience builder.

I believe ESRI consider this solved even though Experience builder still lacks o lot of functionalty that WAB has, and just don't care about all of us who therefore has to stick to WAB.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunatley layer grouping probably never will be possible in WAB. You can't publish a hosted feature layer, and layer grouping is not supported by the old web maps based on ArcGIS API for JavaScript v 3.x
You have to use the new web maps based on v 4.x of the API, and use those maps in Experience builder.

I believe ESRI consider this solved even though Experience builder still lacks o lot of functionalty that WAB has, and just don't care about all of us who therefore has to stick to WAB.