How do I properly use the Geoprocessing widget in Web Appbuilder

01-03-2018 08:04 AM
LynnGaines
New Contributor III

Please help this noobie.  I published a geoprocessing service to ArcGIS Server, and added it to a web application (Portal WebApp Builder geoprocessing widget). The script tool worked in Arcmap and published fine with a resulting feature class.  Here are my problems.

1.  I am not able to get pop-up information for the geoprocessing result

2.  it does not show up in the application's legend widget

3.  when configuring the geoprocessing widget, I do not see any options for defining the symbology and popup fields for the output as described in the widget documentation

Script properties for the output is a feature class, derived and the direction is the output. 

Does anybody have any ideas for fixing this?  I question my SetParameterAsText.   Any help is appreciated. 

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you so much 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LynnGaines
New Contributor III

I looked into this a bit more deeply and found that the main solution is to add the python script into a model builder model.  Make sure to include 'Model Parameters' to all inputs and outputs. Publish this model.   That really did the trick.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been documented as a bug. Wrapping the script in a model does force the proper output parameter. Not sure if it still exists in 10.6 but guessing that it does.

Bug Details

Open#BUG-000111452 The SetParamater ArcPy function when used in python script results in a table in the geoprocessing results window and does not honor the geometry of the input feature class, hence the shared geoprocessing service has an undefined Geometry Type.

New 

Status

Medium

Severity

2/6/2018

Submitted

Related Cases

ArcMap

Product

Version

English - United States - (en-US)

OS Locale