Extents Being Held

Jump to solution
01-05-2016 08:41 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

So I build a map in WAB for our Home Owners Association.

( you can preview it here if you want )

I upload it to our server.

( see link above )

And it does the weirdest things.

My supervisor pulls the map up and layers that should be turned on are off, and vice versa. The initial extent changes based on previous searches. We've wiped the cache, cleared browser history, etc. to no avail. Everytime I open this map in MY browser it goes to an extent that was used in a previous search.

Any ideas?

I'm using latest Google Chrome browser.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

You must have missed all the discussion on this new feature in WAB 1.3. Here is a thread talking about this and a workaround to disable this new unconfigurable feature:

How to turn off new "auto saved map extent and layer visibility" in Nov 2015 update?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

You must have missed all the discussion on this new feature in WAB 1.3. Here is a thread talking about this and a workaround to disable this new unconfigurable feature:

How to turn off new "auto saved map extent and layer visibility" in Nov 2015 update?

BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

I definitely missed that "discussion." Very frustrating that ESRI would introduce such a monumental adjustment without offering developer options to turn it off.

Try explaining to map reviewers why the map isn't loading to the initial extent since this was never an issue before... Try building confidence in your organization towards adopting ESRI web mapping when you can't even get the map to load right. I cleared cache with a Chrome plugin... then via the Clear Browsing option... and it STILL stuck. I couldn't get it to work right until I commented out that stupid code. Ugh.

0 Kudos