eSearch Widget Loses Just Entered Data

Jump to solution
01-07-2016 09:52 AM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

I have had this problem before and I either didn't ask about it here, or I found it by searching then and forgot how to phrase the question to find it again.

I'm using the eSearch in the WAB.

I go to build a search and I enter the search URL, the title autopopulates, I click the options I want (Spatial Search Layer, Add Result as Operational Layer and Show in Attribute Table Widget) and then craft my expression. I set a SINGLE expression... simple... (or complex, it doesn't matter) and when I click [OK] and I am brought back to the "Update Search Layer" window in the Widget the search expression has a nameless (and now empty) search expression in it. I can hover over it and there is an expression with the arrows to move it up or down the list and an X to delete it, but no name (despite naming it) AND when I click the edit option I am taken to a now empty Expression page.

It's happened a few times. I've rebuilt the web map from scratch thinking it was a glitch in the WAB... but nothing.

I can't craft a Search Layer now...

Not sure what happened...

Help?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

Sounds like you are forgetting to complete a required field or something. I am working on 1.3.0.1 which will disable the OK button and give you an indicator of which required fields are not been filled. In the expression dialog if you are using the value radio button then you must specify a value in the textbox next to the operator dropdown. If you have checked "ask for value" then you must supply a hint text.  In the Add an Expression dialog you much provide  the expression alias and the search label.  Hopefully one of these field is your issue. If not then can you tell me what error is present in your browsers console?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

Sounds like you are forgetting to complete a required field or something. I am working on 1.3.0.1 which will disable the OK button and give you an indicator of which required fields are not been filled. In the expression dialog if you are using the value radio button then you must specify a value in the textbox next to the operator dropdown. If you have checked "ask for value" then you must supply a hint text.  In the Add an Expression dialog you much provide  the expression alias and the search label.  Hopefully one of these field is your issue. If not then can you tell me what error is present in your browsers console?