e-search widget

Jump to solution
10-15-2014 10:59 AM
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III

I have a problem with Robert Scheitlin's enhanced search widget.

I have it working in the web app builder configuration and I can modify the query and fields to be displayed etc. but when I click on the icon a white box appears with the 'loading' wheel spinning but nothing happens after that. what is the easiest way to debug what is going on. I figure I am missing something basic. likely a path in a config file somewhere but I am new to working with this code. any help appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The plan is in time all the Flex versions features will be available and then more

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

how about the 'add selection to layers checkbox question I had before. should I be able to see the selected set on the map or it is meant as way to generate an attribute table of just the selected features.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

They should show on the map, but as you know the widget is still in development so...

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

one last note for the day

I want to agree with Cattyann and tell you how very much I appreciate your efforts.

I really don't understand why esri hasn't picked up more of your tools and build them in.

and

I want to tell you how much I am looking forward to having a pick list for values.

seems odd that the standard query tool from esri doesn't have this.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

Robert,

I have discovered that the esri query widget DOES show the selected set as an operational layer until the 'clear results' is clicked.

I am guessing that they changed the code again on you. your version does add the set to the layer list and the attribute table works but the symbol doesn't show once the results widget window is closed. (it does persist as long as I have the widget gui open)

this is different from esri the widget where I can close the popup with the results listed.

and

one other difference with the esri query after you click clear results the new layer in the layer list goes away. in yours it remains so the clear results isn't quite working either.

hope you don't mind me sending you this stuff. you likely already know.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

hi again Robert,

I just downloaded your 3.3 version of e-search.

I am having trouble with the selection graphics.

I don't seem to be able to change the default PT. it is stuck on a small while circle with a "x" inside it.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

I think I might be understanding.

are you displaying the selected set using the symbology of the layer?

I just tried a line featureclass and it seem to display the same symbol if I add the selection as an operational layer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

Correct currently the search results use the map services layer symbology returned from ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

I like it thanks again

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

Robert,

I have noticed that the boxes where I type in my valves seem to be too small.

in other words the text is only half visible.

but when I click on the box and type I can see all the letters.

have you noticed this? is it my screen resolution and/or is the an easy way to expand the box?

0 Kudos