Deployment Problems - Invalid Character

647
9
Jump to solution
12-01-2016 11:32 AM
AmyKlug
Regular Contributor

When I download and unzip my WABDE v2.2 file to our web server and try and open the web app I get these error messages:

Internet Explorer:

Firefox:

Anyone experienced this before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmyKlug
Regular Contributor

I had 2.1 and 2.2 loaded installed so I uninstalled the v2.1 of WABDE (no idea if this was causing problems) and reconstructing the app from scratch exporting and testing on the web server as I made changes and my final product works. I also didn't imbed as many photos as I did the first time (no idea if this was causing problems). 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Amy,

   I have seen this happen when your download get corrupted. Try downloading again.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try downloading again.

....from a different browser.

...unzip my WABDE v2.2 file to our web server

Typically you would install on a desktop machine, not directly onto the web server.  See some tips /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2015/01/15/tips-and-observations-for-getting-web-appbuilder-developer-edition-ins...

0 Kudos
AmyKlug
Regular Contributor

I didn't make it clear..... I am downloading an app file created using WABDE 2.2 and trying to deploy on web server.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately I have that tried 5 times already. I am also having trouble unzipping the files onto the web server, getting unexpected error errors. I has someone else unzip the file, they didn't get unzip errors but still could not view the app due to the invalid character problem

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Amy,

   Are you saying that you are trying to unzip WAB Dev to your web server?.. WAB Dev edition is normally used on a windows workstation and then once the app is build and then downloaded it is moved to the web server. Or are you saying that you have configured and downloaded your app and are now attempting to unzip it to your web server?

0 Kudos
AmyKlug
Regular Contributor

Robert, its the latter

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Amy,

  Hmm... sounds like the download is corrupt some how. Go into your installs/server/apps/zips/and delete any zip present in that folder and then click the download button on the app again.

AmyKlug
Regular Contributor

I tried again with a basic app with no out-of-the-box customizations and it worked fine. It might be some functionality I am adding in

0 Kudos
AmyKlug
Regular Contributor

I had 2.1 and 2.2 loaded installed so I uninstalled the v2.1 of WABDE (no idea if this was causing problems) and reconstructing the app from scratch exporting and testing on the web server as I made changes and my final product works. I also didn't imbed as many photos as I did the first time (no idea if this was causing problems).