Change theme

Jump to solution
02-03-2022 04:51 AM
Labels (1)
RiccardoKlinger
Occasional Contributor

Hi Folks,

I am well aware of the powers of the WAB dev edition. But due to organiizational reasons I would like to avoid using DEV edition.

Yet I ask myself: can I change the style of  a theme in the build in WAB in Enterprise?

I was following this tutorial here, restarted portal but none of the changes were applied:

Create a new style for a theme—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | ArcGIS Developers

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RiccardoKlinger
Occasional Contributor

So, turns out the documentation might not be correct for this aspect. The manifest.json needs also an adjustment at a different level to visualize the style in the builder.
We needed to D:\App\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappbuilder\stemapp\themes\themes-manifest-builder.json 

If you want to make the app refelct the changes also in the viewer context, you need to mirror changes in the WebAppViewer folder in \ArcGIS\Portal\apps ... 
It's a bit more complicated compared to the dev edition but it is manageable.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RiccardoKlinger
Occasional Contributor

So, turns out the documentation might not be correct for this aspect. The manifest.json needs also an adjustment at a different level to visualize the style in the builder.
We needed to D:\App\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappbuilder\stemapp\themes\themes-manifest-builder.json 

If you want to make the app refelct the changes also in the viewer context, you need to mirror changes in the WebAppViewer folder in \ArcGIS\Portal\apps ... 
It's a bit more complicated compared to the dev edition but it is manageable.