Bing Maps & Basemap Gallery Widget

Jump to solution
06-20-2018 09:26 AM
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am having difficulty getting Bing Maps to show up in my Basemap Gallery Widget.

I have created a Basemap Gallery WGS1984 group.  Our own basemap aerial for this group has been converted to WGS1984 and shows up fine with all the ESRI content added as well.  I have added all three Bing Map offerings to this same group and they appear just fine as choices within the confines of the Map Viewer.

However, they are not listed as offerings to add to my Basemap Gallery widget.  I've tried removing the widget and re-adding it but there is no change in the offerings.  They simply do not show as listed within this group even though they are there and selectable within the Map Viewer interface.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

That is a fine place to start then.  Is there any reference documentation or do you happen to know from publishing your own...what the suggested tiling scheme should be to mimic the ESRI basemaps when I publish?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

When you cache a service one of the options for the scheme in the drop down will esris' scheme. You can add more levels of detail if you want (I did since my images is 3" pixels). If you add more LODs then they just have to be the smallest scale that esri has by default and divide that number by 2 and repeat if adding more. for example if esris small scale is 564.2485881 then your next scale would be 282.12429

0 Kudos
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Robert.  I will give it a shot.

0 Kudos