Adding Map Service to WAB

03-05-2015 02:33 PM
StevenCathcart
New Contributor

I published a map service from ArcMap to my company's Server. I added this service to AGOL account. Next, I created a web map in AGOL that displays the symbolized map service. However, when I choose this web map in the App Builder, it does not display. The App Builder will load for a few seconds, then display only the basemap.

I've been able to successfully use a feature service in this way (add it to a Web Map and reference the web map in the App Builder), but I can't seem to do this for a map service. Is this possible with Map Services, or is this only for feature services?

0 Kudos
35 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steven,

The OTB Web AppBuilder does not allow for adding a map service or feature service directly they have to be added to a web map in AGOL and then that web map consumed by WAB. The other option is to use the LocalLayer widget which allows you to use your ArcGIS Server map and feature services directly

LocalLayerWidget and AccessifizrWidget

0 Kudos
StevenCathcart
New Contributor

Robert,

I did add the service to a web map in AGOL. It displays properly in the web map. However, when I add this web map to the WAB, it does not display.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steven,

Can the public access the map service by using it's rest service url? If not then the web map would not be able to either and this is an issue. I have services that are secured using ArcGIS Server security and when I add them to a web map they work fine after the Identity Manager popups up to to challenge for user name and password.

0 Kudos
StevenCathcart
New Contributor

Thanks for the responses Robert. Yes, the public can access the service. When I select the web map with the service in WAB, all that's displayed is the basemap. But the title and description of the web map is displayed under the "Map" tab, so it's almost as if it recognizes the map, but doesn't display the data.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steve,

Is your web map id available for me to test?

0 Kudos
StevenCathcart
New Contributor

webmap=518f917cc900426182ee932282df75cb

I had to unblock the content for the data to load.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Steven,

And what is your AGOL url (http://orgname.maps.arcgis.com/ )?

0 Kudos
StevenCathcart
New Contributor

Oh, sorry about that!

https://dpd.maps.arcgis.com/

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Steven Cathcart​,

When I try to go to that map url I get challenged for credentials for you organization.

0 Kudos