3D and WAB DE 2.2

Jump to solution
12-31-2016 03:58 PM
TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS 10.2.2.

I have building polygons. These have been extruded based on their actual heights. I have draped an aerial photo over them. Looks beautiful in 3D Analyst.

Question:

Can I view this as a layer in Web App Builder Developer Edition 2.2? I read about the 3DFX Widget, but this does not seem to be able to do something like I did using 3D Analyst. But, I could be incorrect. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tim,

> I do not have ArcGIS Pro. Is this required? If not, what do I need? I need to publish not on AGOL, but WAB DE using the LocalLayer Widget. This is not going to be shared with the Public. 

Yes, ArcGIS Pro is required. It is not included with ArcGIS 10.2.2, but it is part of ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 and later releases. You need ArcGIS Pro to publish/share a scene layer. A scene layer only lives in a "portal" and not in a GIS Server. In the GIS Server, it is called a scene service. It is NOT possible to do this with ArcMap. In order to "store" a scene layer, you will also need to enable either an ArcGIS Online organization, or a Portal for ArcGIS instance with a hosting server configuration and the ArcGIS Data Store.

FYI, help topic: Scene services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Tim,

Could you first publish your result as a web scene, then utilize that scene in WAB?

Choose global or local—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Share a web scene—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

TimHayes1
Occasional Contributor III

I do not have ArcGIS Pro. Is this required? If not, what do I need?

I need to publish not on AGOL, but WAB DE using the LocalLayer Widget. This is not going to be shared with the Public. 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Tim,

I'm not sure but I could not find any info for doing this in ArcMap. Can you get an ArcGIS Pro license (since you already have an ArcGIS Desktop license)?

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tim,

> I do not have ArcGIS Pro. Is this required? If not, what do I need? I need to publish not on AGOL, but WAB DE using the LocalLayer Widget. This is not going to be shared with the Public. 

Yes, ArcGIS Pro is required. It is not included with ArcGIS 10.2.2, but it is part of ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 and later releases. You need ArcGIS Pro to publish/share a scene layer. A scene layer only lives in a "portal" and not in a GIS Server. In the GIS Server, it is called a scene service. It is NOT possible to do this with ArcMap. In order to "store" a scene layer, you will also need to enable either an ArcGIS Online organization, or a Portal for ArcGIS instance with a hosting server configuration and the ArcGIS Data Store.

FYI, help topic: Scene services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,