Zoom to Feature from Related Table in Web App

03-08-2018 06:11 AM
jchester73
New Contributor III

In water and sewer inspection apps I have set up, it is easy to show related records from a feature and to zoom to a feature from the attribute table. However, I don't see any way to zoom to a feature from a related table ie. inspections table or maintenance table. The only way around it seems to be to search for that feature by ID. It would be very handy to be able to click on the record in the related table and zoom directly to it. Thank you.

2 Comments
PaulMcDonald2

I have my relationships built on GUID's, I don't really want to have users searching (Find widget) on GUID, lets bring this idea to fruition please.

AnninaHirschiWyss

Interesting idea. In my case, the records in my table are related to either a point, line or polygon (1-1). In the query widget result page, there are links to each geometry layer, but the user has to open every one to check which one's related... This is quite annoying. So it would be great to either hide the related table links that do not contain records or be able to double click the result to zoom to the feature, or even both 🙂