Web AppBuilder Reporting Widget

10-18-2015 07:21 PM
RodWoodfordOld
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

Would it be possible for ESRI to develop a customisable WAB Reporting Widget to generate reports that will contain a map and/or attribute information. Reporting functionality is a critical part of spatial workflows. It would be useful for any potential WAB report widget to be able to call upon nominated reports eg crystal reports, SQL reports, etc. Obviously the report and map would need a common identifier like the Objectid or land parcel identifier, etc.

If this is not possible how about a simple report builder widget that allows the administrator to bring together the nominated map, attributes, chart, etc from a resultant query.

ESRI you need to develop this widget as part of the standard widget interface in WAB. I realise one size doesn’t fit all when it comes to reporting but at least expose a simple reporting widget for clients to start to work with.

cheers

23 Comments
AliBarakat

Hi Shital,

yes the widget is available out of the box, but my question was regarding the report function inside the widget.

i guess this function was added by code

KevinMWright13

Survey123 now has the ability to create your own report templates using Microsoft Word .  It's a really great option that I *HOPE* gets adopted by other Apps on AGOL, specifically WAB.  It's stil in Beta and has some issues related to the map and the fact that it can only report on a single feature at a time - Thus no reports that would include graphs or charts from data across features.  But a great start! 

I see that in earlier comments from Esri that updated reporting functionality was planned to be part of a recent release. I don't see anything new related to that in the most recent update (September 2018).

Esri, would you please provide an update on when we will be able create custom report templates in Web AppBuilder?

Thanks again for a great product!

ScottBeckstrom

Have you checked out Geocortex Reporting? It's very capable and likely provides the functionality you're looking for in Web AppBuilder. 

berniejconnors

I'm with jtby on this - "Reports are like 8.5  x 11 PDF pages you can print out that shows charts, graphs, tables, maps, populated into a pre-configured template."

KaraUtter

I don't believe any of the above widgets are exactly the type of reporting that the original post is referring to. The original post refers to the ability to create a printable report, such as a parcel summary.

DavidForbuss1

We've been mostly using Crystal Reports and connecting to our enterprise gdb via a odbc, but it seems you can't do that with hosted features (such as the ones created in with Survey123).  A widget like the OP suggested would be a great addition in my opinion.  

KevinMWright13

Hi Esri (specifically ArcGIS Online Product Managers),

Any update on this for ArcGIS online?  I've spoken to several Esri reps about this over the past year and was really hoping for some type of configurable reporting tool (like there is in Business/Community Analyst) to be included in Web AppBuilder and Operations Dashboard.

REALLY hoping to hear from Esri soon.  Our workflow is incomplete without it.

Thanks again,

Kevin Wright

deleted-user-1_r2dgYuILKY

I would really like to be able to generate textual reports based on results from the District Lookup and Near Me widgets. 

WesleyCollins

There seems to be, as usual, a total disconnect between what ESRI delivers and what their clients actually need to produce deliverables to their clients efficiently. When is there going to be a widget that I can report a simple sheet of paper based on a a selected feature? Because following about 3 years of threads people keep requesting it and there is still no solution.

berniejconnors

Wesley - that is an excellent, concise, distillation of the problem: "a widget that I can report a simple sheet of paper based on a a selected feature".

Thanks,

Bernie.