Select to view content in your preferred language

Screenshot widget for Web AppBuilder

07-28-2020 01:35 PM
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

A screenshot widget for Web AppBuilder would be very nice. 

1 Comment
rob11
by

Agree.  I saw the screenshot widget as an option (under Interactivity -> Share) with the "Interactive Legend" app available from the "Instant Apps" catalog, and in blog posts here and here.  It seemed like it would be better than just Ctrl+PrtSc because the user could control the area to be captured without going thru a photo editing app on their computer/device.  But since it seems like the "Instant Apps" have very limited widget options, we have been using the WebAppBuilder, and I didn't see a screenshot widget there.  ESRI suggested I try the Print widget (thanks to Ruchir, case #02994608), which is available in WebAppBuilder.

Pros: 

• Print widget seems better than the aforementioned screenshot widget, since the Print widget adds a datetimestamp which is not offered with the screenshot widget, and might not be automatically included in a Ctrl+PtrSc (depending on how the user set up their computer/device).

Cons: 

• Use of the Print widget seems to cancel or ignore some other functions, so pop-ups are not shown, buffers are not shown, etc.  Obviously, Ctrl+PrtSc solves this problem.  The screenshot widget does not seem to show pop-ups either, but I'm still learning how to work with it. 

I'll try to update this review if I get more experience with it.