Batch Attribute Editor Widget functionality request

12-08-2015 02:35 PM
StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

I have a few fuctionality improvement ideas for the Batch Attribute Editor Widget in Web App Builder that I'm hoping would be considered for future releases of WAB.

1. Allow for multi feature selections using the point select tool.

2. When a feature is selected and the pop up is enabled to make the attribute changes, I would like to see an option to have non-editable attributes showing (greyed out) to acompany the editable selections on the pop up window.

I realise that if these changes were implemented, it would probably render the edit tool redunent but I think an updated all in one edit tool which includes both edit and batch attribute editor fuctionality would be handy. 

Regards,
Stuart Grey

7 Comments
ShaneMcGovern1
YES
This would be very helpful.
Ariana_Toth

I would really like this functionality as well so that I can select multiple line segments without also selecting any intersecting segments.

For instance, to be able to select all of the segments in the green line shown below without selecting any of the orange lines (which exist in the same feature layer) would be awesome.

screenshot.png

DennisQuinlan

I discussed number 1 (allow for multi feature selections using the point select tool) as widget enhancement with an Esri employee at the Esri UC this year (2017). I was encouraged to request a case for this enhancement of "adding to selection" using the point selector in the widget.  We need to use it on night time lighting inspections.  In using the widget, a passenger in the inspecting vehicle does not want to have to draw a polygon to select light poles that share the same status attribute.  Drawing those polygons to select certain poles that exist in a row, but not always adjacent to one another, proves to be clunky and difficult versus the potential ability to hold shift down and add to selection individual poles using the point selector.

DarrylKlassen1

Hi Dennis,

Have you made any headway on this?  I am also looking for something similar.  I want the users to select a series of segements (holding down shift ideally) and then do 1 calculate on them all.

Thanks

Darryl

MollyBurton

Looks like it's been a while since anyone has commented on this.

My team and I would greatly benefit from item #1 since we have a lot of scenarios where we need to select every other asset on a map (skipping ones in between) for editing/updating purposes.

Is this actively being considered? Thank you.

MichaelKohn_PGE

It looks like this idea has been open for many years now. Some of my users have expressed interest in being able to select multiple nodes using the point selection tool in the Batch Attribute Editor. Is there any chance that this idea could be opened for consideration again?

LydiaWerner_MAC

I'm also lookin for the ability to select multiple features using the Batch Attribute Editor. I have a use case where several non-adjacent features need to be selected and edited with this tool.