Attachment photo viewer widget in Web AppBuilder

11-05-2018 01:27 PM
CharlesDawley
Occasional Contributor

It would be very useful if photo attachments could be viewed in a widget window within the dashboard theme of the Web AppBuilder.

Also move the editable attributes popup into widget window.

See attached image for an example.

6 Comments
CharlesDawley

Thank you! I would have not known otherwise. 

CharlesDawley

It would be nice if there was some editing component to the app..

MarcGraham2

The problem with these template apps is they are one trick ponies.  The good thing about WAB is it lets you combine different pieces of functionality together.  perhaps the new "Experience Builder" will have this functionality eventually: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-experience-builder/overview

DBDavis

To follow up, do we have the ability to edit data in Attachment Viewer? I second having an attachment viewer widget in the Dashboard theme of Web AppBuilder.

NvF
by

OP and commenter DBDavis above are correct. It would be very useful to have an attachment viewer widget in the WAB. One project I am working on would greatly benefit from being able to have the swipe widget and an attachment viewer widget available within the same app. I tried making it work in experience builder but it was too clunky for end users that are not at least a little knowledgeable in GIS.  If that is available, or if anyone has advice on how to combine the two in EB, please let me know!