Select to view content in your preferred language

security not working on the Apps folder

08-20-2012 06:13 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: SobDan

Hi There

I have installed the ArcGIS Viewer for silverlight on a windows 2008 R2 server with IIS7.5. To secure the 'Builder' I am using the pre-existing windows AD groups  in my organization to authenticate users. To do this I have enabled 'IIS Windows Authentication' and set an allow rule for a group of users from 'ASP.NET Authorization Rules'. This enabled Builder to ask for credentials and allow only the users from the allowed group to log in to the Builder (screenshots attached). This works perfect, no problem.

However the same approach doesn't work when I try to secure the Apps folder and its child application. This is the folder where the Builder deploy the applications and I want only a few users from a specific group to view the applications. I user the same approach as Builder, enabled 'IIS Windows Authentication' and set an allow rule for a group of users from 'ASP.NET Authorization Rules'. However, the applications does ask for credentials but let all domain users and groups log in which is the breach of the allowed rule. I am not sure where I am making a mistake as I can gurentee that the settings are same for the Builder and the App folder.

Could some one give me an idea if they have similar structure in place.
0 Kudos
0 Replies