Will FlexViewer 3.7 work with ArcGIS Server 10.2.1?

Jump to solution
12-31-2014 09:00 AM
JanieGoddard
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,     Will FlexViewer 3.7 work with ArcGIS Server 10.2.1? I thought I would go to FlexViewer 3.7 then on to the new JS App Builder.  Thanks,  Janie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Janie,

You will have no issues using the flex viewer 3.7 with server 10.2.1.

Just so that you are aware the JS web app builder requires you to use a web map id from either arcgis portal or AGOL. So if you want to use it with server 10.2.1 completely offline from the Internet you will need to install portal on your own server.

Regards

Anthony

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Janie,

You will have no issues using the flex viewer 3.7 with server 10.2.1.

Just so that you are aware the JS web app builder requires you to use a web map id from either arcgis portal or AGOL. So if you want to use it with server 10.2.1 completely offline from the Internet you will need to install portal on your own server.

Regards

Anthony

JanieGoddard

Do I have to use OAuth on flex viewer 3.7 or can I wait until we upgrade to 10.3?

That is good to know about being able to use the FV offline. We are currently on 3.1.

Thanks,
Janie

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

No you don't have to use OAuth security with the flex viewer, you can have your application totally open if you don't want users to log in, or you can use Arcgis servers in built security store, see the help here:

ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

JanieGoddard

Thanks. I was worried about OAuth and Server version issues. I can go ahead now without worries! I have the builtin security store.

Thanks,
Janiie

0 Kudos