Select to view content in your preferred language

WidgetManager: Error #2036?? Neep help ASAP

04-02-2012 06:56 AM
AlisonPage
Regular Contributor
Hi,

I just installed FlexViewer 2.5 last week and I was getting ChartWidget errors when I would try to do my release build. I looked over the new chart widget code and decided I wanted the one I had in version 2.4 so I replaced it. Now my release build is fine but when I open my mapping application online, I get a pop-up that simply says "WidgetManager: Error #2036". This error seems to keep any of my "preload open" widgets from opening and keeps my Chart and Elevation widgets from working. I don't see anything online about it this error... help please?? I have deadlines to meet and I don't want to have to revert to version 2.4 just to meet them.

Thanks in advance,
Alison
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alison,

Unfortunately your mistake was reverting to the 2.4 Version of the chart widget. There are many time where you will not be able to mix and match widget versions and this is going to be one of them. If you put back in the 2.5 version of the chart widget you should be good to go again.
0 Kudos
AlisonPage
Regular Contributor
I will try that.. please check back to this forum later today because most likely I'll be posting the original Chat Widget errors that I was getting 🙂

Thanks again Robert for always being available to help,

-Alison
0 Kudos
AlisonPage
Regular Contributor
I put back the Chart widget and got the following error when I was trying to do the release build:

Encountered errors or warnings while building project ChartWidget.mxml.
ChartBrowserSkin.mxml: Attempted access of inaccessible property activeIndex through a reference with static type widgets.Chart:ChartBrowser.

It's the standard 2.5 Chart Widget - I changed nothing in the mxmls.

Help??

Thanks,
Alison
0 Kudos
AlisonPage
Regular Contributor
Please help.. I'm on a deadline and I don't see anyone else online with this issue... I don't know how to fix it.
-Alison
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alison,

What Version of the Adobe Flex SDK are you attempting to build against? You may have corrupted your Flash Builder project, as I can take the Flex Viewer 2.5 source code and build it with out issue.
0 Kudos
AlisonPage
Regular Contributor
I'm using the 4.1SDK and the updated API.

I'll zip my project and send it to you if that helps.

THanks, Alison
0 Kudos
AlisonPage
Regular Contributor
I'll also compile the viewer 2.5 completely and then add my other customizations bit by bit and see what breaks it I guess.

Thanks again for helping me. It's really appreciated because I have no one here who can help.

-Alison
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alison,

Building AGS Viewer for Flex 2.5 using the Adobe SDK 4.1 and the AGS Flex API 2.5 works flawlessly for me so you must have done something to corrupt your project. Have you done a lot of work configuring it and that is why you are just trying to starting over again with a fresh/clean version of 2.5 (many times it is easier to start over then to diagnose what is wrong with the one you are using)?
0 Kudos
AlisonPage
Regular Contributor
I've found out what is causing the error!! It's the ElevationProfile Widget. I started with the standard 2.5 viewer then added in widgets one by one.. as soon as I added the ElevationProfile widget, I got the ChartWidget error. I'm not sure why it's creating an error. For now, I'm just going to remove the Elevation widget. Hopefully it can be fixed though b/c I really like that widget!

-Alison
0 Kudos