Select to view content in your preferred language

TOC Not Displaying Symbols

Jump to solution
12-27-2012 12:41 PM
ronaldmcfarlane
Regular Contributor
I just uograded from 10.0 to 10.1 SP1 (both Flex 3.0).  I installed WebAdaptor as well.  Now my TOCWidget does not show feature symbols in the TOC window, just the names for those services contained in "Private folders"; services in "Public" folders display fine.  The map/feature-services display fine in the map.  The map services page for each mapservice displays the legend and if I install the Legend widget it shows the feature symbols.  Any Ideas???
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ronald,

I am pleased to say that the TOC Widget now supports secure services.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e2cb71d5c04d40d19e9f945ae0db7ce8

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ronald,

When you say private folder, do you mean that those layers are secured? Is it token based security? Details?...
0 Kudos
ronaldmcfarlane
Regular Contributor
Robert:
The individual map/feature-services are placed in folders created by ArcGIS Server Manager.  The folders are then assigned either a Public or Private security setting (see attached).  For a folder with a Private setting, user role group(s) are assigned for allowed access.  When accessing a Flex Web Map application page, with a map/feature service contained within a Private folder, a valid login is required. 

The TOC widget works fine if the map/feature service is contained within a Public folder.  If a map/feature service is contained within a Private folder the TOC widget still interacts correctly with the service, it just does not display the graphic symbol.  If I load ESRI's Legend widget it correctly displays the feature graphic symbols regardless of containing folder security setting.   I am using IIS authentication not token based. 

Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Roland,

Well the issue is most of my widgets are NOT designed to work with secure services. ESRIs legend widget works because you have likely already logged in for that layer and esri just passes that token to the legend widget. As of right now you are out of luck using my widget with secure services.
0 Kudos
ronaldmcfarlane
Regular Contributor
Thanks for the timely response.  Have a good holiday!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Ronald,

I am pleased to say that the TOC Widget now supports secure services.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e2cb71d5c04d40d19e9f945ae0db7ce8
0 Kudos