Select to view content in your preferred language

Set extent for outside service

Jump to solution
09-29-2014 09:31 AM
BillLotz
Occasional Contributor II

Hello, I am wanting to add a map service, http://hazards.fema.gov/gis/nfhl/rest/services/public/NFHL/MapServer , to our county web site. I would like to , for lack of a better word, "clip" it so it does not extent outside of our county border. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BillLotz

Matther,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried those, but (perhaps due to my limited skill-set) didn't have any success.

I cheated and added a masking backdrop of surrounding counties as a temporary fix. As a bonus the map looks better!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
matthewweber
New Contributor III

Using Extent—ArcGIS API for Flex | ArcGIS for Developers  This link is for the API but maybe it can help?

ArcGIS Viewer for Flex This link is for the main config file. Scroll down the the section about the <lods> tag. It seems to deal with extent.

Don't know if these will help, but hopefully they are steps in the right direction.

0 Kudos
BillLotz

Matther,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried those, but (perhaps due to my limited skill-set) didn't have any success.

I cheated and added a masking backdrop of surrounding counties as a temporary fix. As a bonus the map looks better!