Select to view content in your preferred language

Selection Widget Updated Version

05-12-2011 05:24 AM
MarkHoyland
Frequent Contributor
The Selection widget has a "Select by Attributes" and "Select by Location" option similar to ArcGIS.
Widget link: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=20ed6af9ab204548bbf092d51b51fef8

Version 1.5 of the widget replaces version 1.0

Enhancements and fixes include:
*Each time a query layer was added it was also being added to the TOC. This has been fixed.

*When resizing the widget, the datgrid would not resize properly. This has been fixed.

*Uses paging for selection of unique value list. This means that ALL values will be parsed regardless of the ArcGISServer setting to limit responses. There is an option to ESC out of a large query. (This is only for the Unique list, not getting features).
I have included an ESRI TaxParcel Layer that has 18,000+ records. Get Unique Values on the PSTLSTATE field to see this in action.
Available on my example site. The URL is on the Widget download page.

*Aliases can now be used. It will now use the Alias as set in the Featureclass. You can also override the Alias in the SelectionWidget.xml config file.

*ArcGis layers that have joined tables will now work with fully qualified field names. (thanks Dasa for the idea)

*Styling for selection colours has been documented in the SelectionWidget.xml config file (example provided).

*Styling for datagrid has been changed. It can now also be styled in SelectionWidget.xml config file (example provided). (thanks Mehul for the idea)

*Changed initial uniquevalue query to use "text='%'" instead of "where '1=1'" for Mike.:)

*You can now override scale range for layers.

*Link field now has a prefix/suffix option in the SelectionWidget.xml config file (naming convention the same as Robert SCheitlin's esearch widget)

*Shape_area and Shape_length can be used in the fields.

Link to previous thread :http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/24151-Selection-Widget-for-SFV2.2-(with-a-query-builder)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
146 Replies
CarolineCochrane
Deactivated User
Hi,

I have this latest version of the SelectionWidget working well in my v3.0 viewer. Although Im not sure how to show the polygon results as highlighted (yellow) as previously did in the older version.

I changed the SelectionWidget.xml like below, but this doesnt seem to be picked up. I have deleted any web storage settings and also tried Roberts suggetsion of adding the new function removeGlow but this also did not work for me.

Any suggestions at all very welcome! 🙂

All the best,

Caroline

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>

<!-- override the default selection symbology -->

<symbols>
  <picturemarkersymbol height="30" width="30" xoffset="0" yoffset="0"
    url="widgets/Selection/assets/images/i_pin3.png" />

<simplelinesymbol color="0xffd700" alpha="0.8" width="2" />

<simplefillsymbol color="0xffd700" alpha="1">
   <outline color="0xffd700" alpha="0.8" width="2" />
  </simplefillsymbol>
</symbols>

<!--  Override the default Datagrid style -->

<datagrid   alternatingColor1="0xeff3fa"
    alternatingColor2="0xffffff"
    backgroundAlpha="0"
    horizontalGridLines="true"
    horizontalGridLineColor="0x666666">
</datagrid>
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Seemed to be working for me without removing the glow filter.  However, then I tried it with "my" selection colors.  Turns out that yellow is the glow color, so didn't notice it with your colors at first.

However, if I remove the glow filter (make sure to add the new function AND update the other one to call the removeGlow) then whatever color I select gets applied.

I did notice that if you set an alpha="0.0", it will override with the defaults, so, in order to "turn off" the polygon fill color, I had to change the mxml to default to 0.0.

Also, it does not appear as if the datagrid colors are being applied at all, I just keep that section commented out.

R_
0 Kudos
AlKamuda
Deactivated User
i'm no expert in doing a recompile (trial / learn by fire)and since I was able to make it work on my flex 3.1 test site. I'm in the process of upgrading my internal site from 2.3 to 3.1 and it tested fine in my test setup. You will need to add InfoPopupWidget to your widgets for this to work.(i've included this as well)
Attached is an uncompile and compiled version that works in 3.1 on my setup.

Use at your own risk and I assume no resposibility since I started off by saying "i'm no expert"
0 Kudos
ScottMcGee
Regular Contributor
Just wondering...

Where can I get the Info Popup widget? I searched the ArcGIS Resources Flex sample gallery and didn't see it there.

Update (30 seconds after I posted my message) - As soon as I posted my message I saw that you had just now uploaded the Info Popup Widget.

Thanks much!
0 Kudos
CatherineEnnis
New Contributor
Anyone have an idea about the error #2124?

Hey did you get to the bottom of this one?
0 Kudos
AlKamuda
Deactivated User
Hey did you get to the bottom of this one?

I want to say that when I got the error I was able to make it stop by adding the InfoPopupWidget.  The code for the Selection widget has a line that calls for the InfoPopupWidget and in viewer 3.1 its not there  - you need to add it the viewer under widgets/InfoTemplates/

hope this helps
0 Kudos
AngieAllison
Emerging Contributor
Did anyone get the dates problem working in this widget.  HELP please i am in great need of this widget or some widget to query data in FELX !!!
0 Kudos
AngieAllison
Emerging Contributor
Fantastic functionality added to FSV.  Thanks for sharing this great tool.

Is there anyway to have date values in the unique values box formated as dates, rather than the numbers that are actually stored?

For example :
<format dateformat="shortDate"/>
or
dateformat="MM/DD/YYYY"

Thanks,
Matt Shetzer

Did you find a date fix??
0 Kudos
AngieAllison
Emerging Contributor
i still don't have the date fixed on the exported data.  it looks good in the query, but the export still has the "EPOCH" date.  Any suggestions???
0 Kudos
AngieAllison
Emerging Contributor
Also does anyone know how to get the Export to use the DOMAIN VAULES???
0 Kudos