Select to view content in your preferred language

Selection Widget by mhoyland does not populate grid

03-21-2011 11:52 AM
City_of_Port_Angeles_GIS
Occasional Contributor
When I query on a layer in the query builder, the widget finds the item and zooms to it but the list is not populated. On layers that have a simple number in the field the list is populated only on the first item. Is there a fix to this? Also when I clear the selection the highlight graphic goes away but the infowindow does not. Please help.
Billy
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
City_of_Port_Angeles_GIS
Occasional Contributor
Never mind, figured it out.
Billy
0 Kudos
MarkHoyland
Frequent Contributor
Billy,

What was your issue with the fields and lists?

As for the infowindow not closing, here is the fix:

Add the following to the end of the featureLayer_selectionHandler function in SelectionWidget.mxml.

if (event.type == FeatureLayerEvent.SELECTION_CLEAR)
{
 this.showInfoWindow(null);
}

I have seen your question in the other thread and I have got no idea on this one.
Basically what the widget dose is adds a feature layer to the map, and then selects features from it.

What projection is your base map and what projection is your featurelayer? (from the selectionwidget.xml)
I will see if I can set up a service with a large point layer and try to replicate the issue.

I will try to sort through the issues when I can, as I tinker with these widgets in my spare time for my own personal enjoyment (sad but true!).
0 Kudos
City_of_Port_Angeles_GIS
Occasional Contributor
Mark,
   Thanks for the InfoWindow fix. The issue I had with the Data Grid not being populated had to do with the name of the feature class in SDE. When the database was first setup, my property feature class was titled production.PWGIS.property and the data sets within were all prefixed with this name. I suppose this was done because we have two databases on SDE. One is for in house use and the other is for the public which cannot be edited. So my parcel layer is called production.PWGIS.property.parcels. It looks like a full path name but is really the actual name of the data set. All the data sets in the property class are named this way. The other data sets though did populate the grid correctly. On investigating, I found that all the data sets except parcels had an alias that did not have the prefix and I was using the alias in the Selection Widget. Changing the parcels alias to "parcels" fixed the problem.
   Still can't figure out the wierd placement of the icons, though.
Billy
0 Kudos