Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with Shapefiles Widget version 3.5

Jump to solution
10-23-2013 01:03 PM
JeffersonFerreira_Ferreira
New Contributor III
Hi Robert;

I will reproduce my post at widget page (http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=2e9096c5d5044d39a264df759611686f):
I'm having issue with geometry service. When I load a simple polygon with 3 or 4 features, that's ok. Lines with many features is ok too. But when I try to load a feature more complex, with multipart feature and 64 features total I received a geometry service error [RPC Fault faultString="Unexpected < encountered at location 1" faultCode="null" faultDetail="null"]. The shape is ok in desktop. I try to delete multipart features but with no success. Using the ArcGIS online geometryservice the error persists. Furthermore, point features are ploted with a strange squared pattern inside your extent in both geometry services. Any idea about it?

The example data follows attached.
Any comment or suggestion will be appreciated.
Regards
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rscheitlin

Jefferson Ferreira,

I have found the bug in the precision of points. Thanks for informing me of this issue. It is now fixed in Version 3.5.1 of the widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jefferson Ferreira,

I had no issue loading the pnt and line but the pol zip is corrupted. Have you tried loading your shapefiles using my live preview site?

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer3.5/index.html?config=config-shapefile.xml
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,

The line features attached in the previous message works ok. The point features, seems ok too, but in fact it presents a strange positional pattern (in you example app too. see screenshot attached. The stars are the right features from my app). And the polygon features are loading ad infinitum. Maybe its too complex, with too many vertex and multipart features. But point features I really dont understand.
Any idea?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jefferson Ferreira,

Did you create the .prj file for the points seperately or was it produced when you created the shapefile? It looks like the data is in one WKID and the .prj was made for another WKID without reprojecting the actual geometry.
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
Jefferson Ferreira,

Did you create the .prj file for the points seperately or was it produced when you created the shapefile? It looks like the data is in one WKID and the .prj was made for another WKID without reprojecting the actual geometry.

Robert, The prj was generated at same export task as the other files. Its all in WKID 4326. To solve this doubt I re-export the file and load again at app, but unfortunately the error persists... the new shape follows attached.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jefferson Ferreira,

What happens when you add this exact shapefile and the original featureclass in ArcMap? Do they line up then? Can you try and upload the polygons again since the zip got corrupted?
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
Jefferson Ferreira,

What happens when you add this exact shapefile and the original featureclass in ArcMap? Do they line up then? Can you try and upload the polygons again since the zip got corrupted?

Robert,

The point features opens correctly in ArcMap, however in the app (yours and mine app) it appears with that strange squared pattern when compared with original shape (see scrnshot.jpg of the previous message). Here in this message I attach a screen shot with the error loading the new polygon feature. In ArcMap the polygons open perfectly... Take a look, if you can.
Regards
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jefferson Ferreira,

Strange... I go the polygon.zip to work on my live preview site (see attached screenshot).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28603[/ATTACH]

The point features opens correctly in ArcMap
I am sure that they do open fine, but I want to be sure that you check that the align identical to the original featureclass that you exported them from when you add both of them to ArcMap.
0 Kudos
New Contributor III
Robert, I checked the shapefile. Each feature Its correctly located. Open the shape on your GIS desktop software and after plot it into aplication and you will see the displacement. I'm think a lot about it and can't see what could be happening. If you could take a look I will be grateful.

Best regards
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jefferson Ferreira,

I have found the bug in the precision of points. Thanks for informing me of this issue. It is now fixed in Version 3.5.1 of the widget.
0 Kudos