Select to view content in your preferred language

Preview of two great new widgets coming out mid January 2011

12-30-2010 10:46 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I have been working hard on two great new widgets that I want you to preview. The final versions will be made available Mid January 2011 and submitted to the Flex a Widget competition.

http://www.esri.com/events/devsummit/get-involved/widget-challenge.html

The first is a new route widget for FlexViewer 2.2

Its' feature include:

• Up to ten stops that can be added to the map interactively or by single line address matching using Bing geocoder.

• Up to ten point barriers that can be added in the same fashion as stops.

• Interactively added stops and barriers are automatically reverse geocoded.

• You can calculate by time or distance and optionally use best sequence.

• Route segments can be individually clicked in the directions list and visualized using a polyline animation (Thanks to Mark Deaton).

• The big deal for this widget is its' printing capability. Both direct printer output and PDF output are supported. Multi page output with headers and footers and the option to include the large route image are all included. The individual direction segments have maneuver arrows that are included by default but can optionally be turned off. Things like configuring alternating directions background color can also be configured.

So if you are a developer and don't care about routing but want to know how to do moderately advanced multi page printing and AlivePDF techniques than this widget is for you.

Preview here:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-route.xml

The second one is a new infoTemplate for featurelayers.

The Attachment Relate Info Window Widgets' features include:

• Ability to specify which fields are displayed

• Specify one link field that will display as a clickable text or an actual image in the info window

• Buttons at the bottom of the window for Zooming to feature, querying attachments, querying related features or tables

• Attachments are preview only and are displayed in a custom grid popup not the standard attachment inspector.

• Relates are initially displayed in a grid that allows for the selection of which related feature you want to preview and then when you choose the one you want to see then a floating datagrid is displayed with the related records.

In the examples below click on the point in the screen.

Preview of attachment and link capability:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-attachment.xml

Preview of related feature capability:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-relate.xml

preview of image link in info window:
http://gis.calhouncounty.org/FlexViewer2.2/index.html?config=config-infoimage.xml
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
156 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Can you export to an .MXD and open in ArcMap?

Thanks.

Jason,

Wow... you have me completely lost with your question. Please elaborate fully.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Robert,

Great widget!  I have some questions and thoughts for future updates......

1) Instead of having to click the 'Done' button to open a related table could it be made to open with a double click?

2) Resize-able window that contains the list of related tables...

3) I could not find anywhere in your code about how it alphabetizes the fields in related tables - I would prefer to disable this feature.

4) Keep the window with the related tables open even once a table is selected.  I have numerous tables to access and it would be nice not to have to re-enter this window each time...

5) Is it possible to include fields from a related table in the little pop-up that appears when you click on a feature.  If this was possible it would greatly reduce the need/dependency to access related tables over and over...

Just some thoughts.....

Once again, you have created a great tool(s) and I, along with everyone else I'm sure, truly appreciates your continued effort..

Philipp,

I will make note of these suggestions. As for number 3, the reason you could not find any code where I order the results is because I don't do anything with the results but display them how I get them back from the server. I am trying not to get involved in managing the related tables data at all in my code.
0 Kudos
SamRideout
New Contributor
Hi Robert...

I've been using the AttRelateInfoWinWidget based on the help you had previously provided... again, thanks for that. 

The widget is exactly what I needed.  But now I have another problem that I am hoping you could help me with. 

I have the code I need for the widget in a FlexViewer instance and I also have other code that I developed in a FlashBuilder Flex API.  I would like to bring the two together and have tried to find a way to implement your AttRelateInfoWinWidget into the Flex API.

I had thought it would be reasonably straight forward but now know it is not.

Should I be looking to convert my other code to a widget, or is there a reasonble way to get your widget into the Flex API?  I have a short deadline and will probably just end up using two separate applications with unrelated URL's.

Again, your help and input is treasured.

respectfully,

sam
0 Kudos
philippschnetzer
Occasional Contributor III
Robert,

I am using your RelateWidget for two separate layers.  One is for a property layer - works perfect.  The other layer is a building poly file with no related records but I have images attached to the buildings.  So, I want to use your pop-up to simply view the images - and that part works great.  Is there a way that I can remove the 'Show Related' button for one layer (the building poly) but still keep it for another layer (the actual property layer)?  I seem to think not since each layer has it's own config file and this would likely need to be hard-coded into the mxml, correct?

Thanks
0 Kudos
MarkSmith1
Occasional Contributor
Robert,

Many thanks for these widgets, and the many others you've kindly shared.

Question for you: Would it be possible to "wire" the query-related-records functionality of your Relate Info window to work with your enhanced Identify tool? I want to look into it but thought I would check with you about how doable it is before wasting a lot of time.

I'd just like to consolidate how the end-user gets info from map features. In my viewer there are now two ways to get info - Identify tool against layers in a dynamic mapservice and simply clicking on featurelayers.

Regards,

Mark
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Mark/Robert,
Just a heads-up that in version 2.3 of the viewer, there will be support for pop-up windows on dynamic and tiled layers (in addition to the feature layers).  This will allow for the consistent end-user experience that I think Mark (and others) are looking for.
0 Kudos
MarkSmith1
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the info Bjorn. That's great news about 2.3. Two questions:

1. When will 2.3 be released?
2. Will the pop-ups for dynamic layers support querying related features?

I guess what I'm hoping for is similar behavior to what is offered in ArcMap when I use the Identify tool - layer attributes and list of related info. Robert's enhanced Identify tool is fantastic and has most of what I want (highlights the feature when I mouse-over the record, zoom-to when I click) but showing related records would be icing on the cake.

Thanks for listening.

Mark
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mark,

I hear you and if time permits I will look into it.
0 Kudos
MarkSmith1
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Robert!

I have a question for you about your Identify widget. What's the best way to contact you? I may have encountered a small bug...

Regards,

Mark
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mark,

I try to limit contact to the forum (for obvious reasons). The best thing to do is start a new thread describing your issue in detail.
0 Kudos